How can the City best achieve these draft goals for the General Plan? Write down your ideas in the comment box below.
Much of Stockton is within ¼ mile of a bus stop, although there are locations that lack bus access, and many trips require transferring buses downtown.
Additional bikeway connections are needed to promote a safe and connected bicycle system in Stockton.
Comments made at the May 1st and 2nd open houses related to transportation.
- Maintain an integrated transportation system that enables safe and efficient movement of people and goods for all modes of travel.
- Create complete and safe streets in all neighborhoods in Stockton.
- Develop safe and interconnected bicycle and pedestrian facilities.
- Connect housing and employment development in areas with good transit access.
- Offer opportunities for the entire Stockton community to maintain active lifestyles through transportation choices.
- Facilitate expanded flight service at the airport to fuel business and employment growth.
- Support goods movement through Port of Stockton operations and development as an asset to the community and a source of jobs.